Physiotherapy, or, 'physio', uses physical methods, such as massage and manipulation, to promote healing and wellbeing. Physiotherapy treatments are often used to help restore a person’s range of movement after injury or illness. A good physiotherapist has had extensive training and then continues their development ensuring they stay up to date with techniques. They will also be a member of at least one registered professional society.
When you see our physiotherapists you can expect them to use a wide range of techniques and approaches including:
* massage and manipulation
* heat, cold, electric current, light and water
* remedial exercise (exercise that takes into account a person’s current level of health and any specific requirements they may have)
* providing support to help patients manage chronic conditions
Physiotherapy can help people of all ages and social backgrounds. In particular, physiotherapy can help rehabilitate people who have:
* had a stroke
* heart problems and breathing difficulties
* a sports injury
* recently had surgery that affects their movement or mobility
Almost all people who have an injury or a physical disability can benefit from physiotherapy, including children and elderly people.
Book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists now.
Click for price list